Table of Contents
FitCrackers Editorial Policies & Quality Standards
The purpose of these editorial policies and standards is to establish a set of processes to ensure accuracy, inclusivity, objectivity, relevance, transparency, and quality of the information provided on FitCrackers.
The content on FitCrackers is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult with your physician or a qualified healthcare provider if you have any medical condition. Learn more about our health information disclaimers.
We make a clear distinction between editorial and advertorial content. FitCrackers team members who work on content do not work in advertising.
We don’t give preferential treatment to any outside resource (brand, publication, or video). In articles where an external link/resource is relevant to the topic and useful to a reader, appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with FTC guidelines.
- Readers First: Every article is written and published with the reader in mind. We make sure to include current research, medical advances, incidence rates, etc. to provide complete information to the reader. Our language is simple, and we avoid using complex jargon.
- Accuracy and Reliability: Our content is current, based on extensive research and fact-checked by medical and wellness experts.
- Inclusivity and Sensitivity: Our content is primarily written for a US audience. But we make sure that our language promotes respect and inclusivity of different age groups, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, physical and mental abilities, and relationship statuses.
Our reports and findings are based on a body of research regarding a particular topic, as opposed to a single study.All claims and statements have clear, primary references. The scientific references are linked to scientific papers/journals/articles from renowned institutions across the globe. The sources are listed at the bottom of every article.Wherever possible, we cite research done on humans. However, if relevant animal research is the only data available for a particular topic, we make sure to mention it clearly. Although results from animal research cannot be applied to humans automatically, the findings can improve the reader’s understanding of certain topics.Our expert writers responsibly balance the presentation of verifiable facts with professional perspectives, both their own and those of respected peers. Opinions are clearly stated as such.
While we primarily include proven treatments in our articles, we may also consider mentioning alternative treatments or experimental remedies that need more research. Any remedies or treatments with uncertain or unverified results and the safety concerns are clearly mentioned.
Internal & External Links
Links are added to content to increase your access to relevant content throughout our website to help enhance your knowledge about a topic. We may also link to other websites if they provide useful information about a particular topic. These links usually lead to journals, reputed organizations, US government agencies, and other trustworthy sources.
We make sure every article reflects our editorial principles guidelines.
An article is only published after we have reviewed and edited it. All images, infographics, videos, and other tools are subject to the same approval process.
We review and edit content before it is published and ensure that it is accurate and comprehensive and adds value to the readers.
Medical Advisory Boards of different journals and trustworthy websites consisting of board-certified physicians and leading experts in various fields have already critiqued every piece of content for medical and factual accuracy.
We also evaluate existing content periodically to ensure that the information:
- is current and up-to-date
- takes into consideration current research, trends, and clinical guidelines
- reflects updated guidelines of US government agencies and other professional organizationsand changes in standards of care
- includes updated statistics
- answers new questions of readers
The updated articles are re-reviewed by us.
We ensure that all aspects of the website are in line with our standards which include:
- Photos and graphic designs to represent the topic in question.
- SEO to monitor search trends which ensures our content answers all your queries.